Monday 19 December 2011

Succulents

   MY OTHER LOVES ARE......


SUCCULENTS:
Yes I know, I know, you can't eat them but my goodness they are just adorable and there are so many different kinds!
They are also super easy to grow and u can poke them in just about anywhere and they will grow.
My Aunty in New Zealand has an amazing array of them and I am lucky enough to be able to go around to her house and she gives me what ever I desire for our garden in Taylor's Mistake.
They are perfect for Taylor's as there are lots of rock walls and banks that I can poke them in and they add more colour and character to the place in addition to the edible garden and the Natives.
Here are some photos of our Taylor's Mistake succulent collection so far....and I say so far because I am always finding more that I don't have and adding to the garden.


An old watering can i have planted into

Poked into cracks in the rocks

Some of my favourite succulents

Like a beaded necklace!! But growing!!

Pot stacked with succulents

Another of my favourite 'Jelly bean' succulents in flower


Ox tongue


Adding colour where u wouldn't get other plants to grow

They come in all shapes sizes and colours

They are super easy to transplant around the garden as they grow bigger

Simple but stunning


Added colour in those dry hard to grow spots...

Most have stunning  flowers that will bloom for a long time


Had to thin these guys out this trip they had taken over this planter box now they are in flower...pretty!!


 Succulents are easy to grow in not much soil at all so have a go and plant some in some random places that you have trouble growing anything else

Happy planting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment