Saturday 3 December 2011

Buy local!!!

Buy local!!!!

I live about 15 minutes inland from Byron Bay. In my immediate local area there are lots of little local roadside stalls selling fresh home grown produce that you can always find a bargin or two at.
 There is Jack, who I have affectionately nicknamed 'The $2 Man' and you guessed it, everything is $2, big bunches of farm fresh herbs and veges that you just know are going to tasted amazing and value for money that I just can't find ANYWHERE else.
 Mrs Singh on the highway is always good for a bargin too and as a regular customer of hers I can never come away with just what I have bought, she always sneaks a bunch of bananas or an extra apple or 2 into my bags.....again, cheap, fresh, home grown produce. Then there are the bunch of stalls on which I call 'the strip', one of my favourites is so super cheap that I wonder how they make any money at all, this is one of my favourites and I slow past it every day on my way home to see what bargins they are offering.

Here is what I found today …........


All these bananas cost me $2, there were huge bunches for sale for 50cents a bunch, (fantastic value, our bananas have been very expensive in Australia for a while now because of the floods in Queensland). I grabbed 4 bunches, which filled an entire shopping bag!!!!
What am i gonna do with all these bananas i hear you asking...............I peeled them and put them into zip lock bags and have replenished my freezer supply for smoothies and muffins and what ever else i think i would like to create!!!! 
Bananas peeled and ready to go into the freezer

No comments:

Post a Comment