Saturday 21 January 2012

Potato salad vegan style

I recently got given a heap of potatoes from my neighbour this combined with my overload of spring onions,garlic chives, red capsicums, cherry tomatoes and rocket in my garden at the moment lead me to the perfect baked potato salad dish, so yummy i have to share with you!

4 - 5 potatoes
1 onion
3 - 4 cloves of garlic
Put ingredients into a roasting tray, chop the onion in half, don't peel the garlic,  chop potatoes into bite size pieces. Dribble a little olive oil over vegetables and roast until soft.

Dressing:
apple cider vinegar - dash, more or less to taste
olive oil - aprox 1/3 of a cup (more if mixture too thick)
garlic chives, small bunch
spring onions, 1 or to taste
roast onion
roast garlic
dash of salt
parsley, handful
chives, small bunch

Blend all ingredients together with a hand blender.

When potatoes are roasted and have cooled, add 1 red capsicum finely chopped, garlic chives finely chopped, spring onions finely chopped, add dressing and stir through well.

Place dressed salad in a serving bowl.
I then semi squashed the potato salad into the middle of the bowl and put rocket and cherry tomatoes around the outside, drizzle a little dressing on the rocket and serve.
Alternatively you could toss the rocket and cherry tomatoes through the potato and then serve.
Enjoy!!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for providing individuals with remarkably wonderful chance to read from here. It can be very amazing plus full of a great time for me personally and my office fellow workers to search your website at the very least 3 times in 7 days to study the new guidance you have got. And indeed, I am just actually astounded with your cool tips and hints you give. Some 4 areas on this page are indeed the most beneficial I have ever had.
    Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot

    ReplyDelete